- SmashEx: Smashing SGX Enclaves Using Exceptions — Jinhua Cui
- SmashEx: Smashing SGX Enclaves Using Exceptions (CCS 2021): Jinhua Cui (National University of Defense Technology, National University of Singapore); Zhijingcheng Yu (National University of Singapore); Shweta Shinde (ETH Zurich); Prateek Saxena (National University of Singapore); Zhiping Cai (National University of Defense Technology)
- Description: Improper input validation in the Intel(R) SGX SDK applications compiled for SGX2 enabled processors may allow a privileged user to potentially escalation of privilege via local access.
- Affected Products: Intel SGX SDK for Windows v2.12 and earlier, Intel SGX SDK for Linux v2.13 and earlier, Intel® Processors supporting SGX2.
- Intel recommends updating the Intel® SGX SDK to the versions listed below. Enclaves built with the new Intel® SGX SDK version should increment the value of their ISVSVN field.
- Patch: https://github.com/intel/linux-sgx/commit/edfe42a517b3e4b1d81204c3cdef6da6cb35fefc
- Security Advisory from the Teaclave Community
- Ran Duan
- Rong Fan
- He Sun
- Hongbo Chen
- Jason Yu
- Pei Wang
- Tongxin Li
- Weijie Liu
- Yuan Zhuang
- Mingshen Sun